1) Emergency General Meeting, Monday 28th September, 13:00-14:00, via Microsoft Teams
Yesterday the Bristol UCU Branch Executive Committee called an Emergency General Meeting for Monday next week, to discuss and vote on an Executive Committee motion on the University’s current policy on in-person, face-to-face teaching. Exec also considered the results of the branch survey.
To join the meeting via Microsoft Teams, please click on the link below:
**An EGM reminder will be sent on Monday morning**
The final version of the motion will be circulated later this week.
As outlined at Exec yesterday, the motion will note:
- the rising number of COVID-19 cases, the failures of track and trace and reported unsafe working conditions at the University of Bristol.
- our union’s demand to switch to online teaching as the default for the duration of teaching block one to mitigate the deadly and avoidable spread of the virus
- That other universities have moved core teaching online
- the inconsistent approach to online teaching at Bristol across Schools and Faculties.
The motion will echo national UCU’s demand to move teaching online where pedagogically possible, to allow staff the right to teach online and to immediately publish risk assessments and institutional COVID-19 data.
It will emphasize that if the University fails to safeguard Bristol UCU members, University staff and students, this branch reserves the right of using any and all forms of action available to us, in consultation with UCU officials and branch membership.
Comments are closed.