1) Strike Day One – 25th November 2019
Our first day of strike action is Monday, 25th November. We are planning to picket buildings from 7:30am, assembling for a campus rally at 10am, followed by a march. Details to be confirmed.
Bristol Staff-Solidarity Group are also hosting a Strike Planning Meeting today at 18:30:
Members may also wish to read the Solidarity Statement from Bristol Student Union Officers:
We are also planning to mark the Climate Strike Rally on Friday, 29th November.
2) Branch Reps and Activists Meeting, Tuesday, 19th November, 13:00-14:00, 0A1, Priory Road Complex, Priory Road
School, Departmental and Professional Service Reps and anyone else keen to get involved are invited to discuss and plan our 8 days of industrial action.
A placard-making session at the UCU office, 1d Priory Road will follow this meeting.
3) Emergency General Meeting, Wednesday, 20th November, 13:00-14:00, Enderby Room, Physics Building, Tyndall Avenue
3 items of business on the agenda.
- Elect our four branch delegates to the Higher Education Sector Conference on USS [link] on Friday, 6th December. The four candidates standing are: Tracey Hooper (VP); Celine Petitjean (Exec & Bio. Sci.); Mercedes Villalba (Membership/Recruitment Sec. & CALD) and Jamie Melrose (Sec. & SPAIS).
- Branch President Report – 8 Day Strikes
- Local Hardship Fund – Enabling Motion [link]
A copy of the agenda can be found here:
Comments are closed.