1) Online Branch Meeting, Wednesday, 17th June, 13:00-14:00, Microsoft Teams
Wednesday next week Bristol UCU hosts another online branch meeting between 13:00-14:00, open to all branch members.
Microsoft Teams joining details plus agenda will be shared early next week.
Items for branch discussion, time permitting, include:
- The latest on current University of Bristol staff pay-related negotiations and the Joint Trade Union response to the University’s Emergency 2020/21 Budget
- The latest on the ‘jobs-first’ Fixed-Term Contracts current campaign, for example, the Vice-Chancellor’s response to our branch letter [link].
- The branch’s Black Lives Matter statement. The branch Executive agreed yesterday to make donations to local BLM groups as well as to regional and national Black organisations.
- The branch’s response to the University’s online and blended learning proposals.
- The branch’s current work representing members at risk of redundancy in the Strategic Planning and Projects (SPP) restructuring and in the potential closure of our Clinical Research and Imaging Centre (CRIC).
- The branch position on the University’s Mutually Agreed Resignation Scheme.
This is not an exhaustive list of branch business. University furloughing of professional services and pathway 2 research staff is also a live branch concern, as well as the Higher Education Committee’s recent decision on the Four Fights and USS disputes.
2) Working From Home – Office Equipment
Are you still using your ironing board as a standing desk or the kitchen worktop as your primary workstation? Did you know that there is funding available to support staff in setting up a comfortable and healthy home office? Staff are encouraged to go through the University’s ‘Home Workstation and DSE Setup Support Process’: